Sunday, February 11, 2007

I love pictures. I love to look at other peoples pictures. I could spend all day on flickr.com. I hardly ever post a blog. So I am going to give it a try.

I am a mail carrier for the usps. I am considered part time, but I get full time hours. Ever have one of those jobs?? I am on-call until 9am every morning. Even Sundays. Did you know that express mail is still delivered on Sundays? I run a regular 70 mile route on Saturdays and any other day that my regular carrier takes off. Some Sundays I do express mail. Monday thru Friday I pick up mail at surrounding post offices and bring it back to Zanesville to be processed. I get called just about everyday to do this. The plus side of this job is the pay and that Mon-Fri, and Sundays are days spent traveling. Sometimes I go 200 miles! I found places in Ohio that have never been discovered by anyone else! I have stopped to ask inmates from the penatentuary for directions. I have delivered human ashes. I have been kissed (on the mouth) at the mailbox. I have driven over a bridge for weeks without knowing that a womans body was underneith. I have walked into a crematorium and saw uncovered naked bodies on guerneys. I guess you could say that my job is not boring.

0 comments: